HIGH POWER PLASMA SOURCES
FOR SPECTROSCOPIC INSTRUMENTS
The MICAP plasma operates on Nitrogen, these instruments require no argon. Utilizing state of the art embedded electronics, commercial grade microwave instrumentation, custom built optics, these instruments deliver performance reliability, and throughput rivaling traditional ICP-OES.
Our product is certified by analytical chemists and have unparalleled plasma characteristics that also meet the most stringent operating requirements.
MICAP-OES 1000 is a compact mobile argon free ICP capable of traditional ICP-OES analysis without the constraints of expensive fixed based laboratory overhead. Wavelength coverage from 190-455 nm provides simultaneous multi-elemental analysis for most of the periodic table encompassing applications from metallurgy to environmental to petroleum applications.
The 220 V power requirements together with argon free operation provide complete portable capabilities limited by only electricity and nitrogen. With those support items the MICAP can be operated virtually anywhere without any modern infrastructure. At a combined weight of 65 lbs, 40 for the base unit and 25 for the spectrometer, the split configuration provides increased mobility without mechanical assistance. The small footprint of 2 square feet add to the versatility of the MICAP-OES 1000 for mobile elemental analysis.
- Low-maintenance, nitrogen-fed ICP ring torch (Cerawave TM)
- Standard wall outlet (120-240)
- Modular, light and portable
- Multiple plasma sources connect same spectrometer
- Fast start-up time
- Standard glassware
- Autosampler software interface
Our proprietary Microwave-sustained Inductively Coupled Atmospheric-pressure Plasma for Mass Spectroscopy (MICAP-MS) is the first-ever nitrogen plasma source published to operate with high-sensitivity detection techniques, including time-of-flight, quadropole mass spectroscopy, and laser-ablated mass spectroscopy. Its unique features are:
- Robust, high-temperature plasma
- Modular design adapted to multiple sampler interfaces
- Argon free operation enabling argon matrix elimination
- Compatible with Fassel-type ICP torch
- Auto ignition
- Variable power settings (1.0kW – 1.5kW)
- Variable Coolant, Auxiliary, Injector gas flow settings